Skysa Toolbar

Confused...HOW TO? Headline Animator

Translate

Tuesday, 14 August 2012

BAD HABITS BEFORE BED

 Author:Blueskytracey

Are you       or this      in the morning



  • I'M DEPRESSED AND HAD A BAD DAY SO... YUM YUM CHOCOLATE


Eating before bedtime is generally seen as unhealthy but the problem is not what you eat but how you do it. Eating sugary or salty snacks just before bedtime causes the brain to work overtime leading to that uncanny feeling of fatigue in the morning. If you are saddened or feeling a little depressed by your day.TRY THESE TECHNIQUES

 For those tough days think about something good in your life. If you love watching movies try watching a comedy. If you are like me and eating chocolate or another snack calms you  don't eat a portion that is bigger than half your fist. You can also try teas. I found this recipe book  "green teas"  while studying for exams . I tried two of the recipes and they really helped.



  • I HAVE NOT EATEN ALL DAY SO DINNER IS A COMBO OF BREAKFAST AND LUNCH

As a working student finding time to eat with my schedule was hard . I may pick up an energy bar in between classes before I'm off to my job. I often would regret this since at the end of the my day my empty, gas filled stomach would drive me to eat a hefty meal before bed. I would toss and turn all night and wake up at 5 feeling "crummy'' I now realise that wasn't the smartest thing to do.
 When a large meal is eaten before bed, the brain goes in "overdrive". The heart has to pump more blood leading to increased blood pressure. Essentially the tossing and turning is the brain's way of telling you


''please don't eat so much so late"Try eating at least 2-3 hours before you go to sleep.    


  • I AM ON A DIET SO... SO I CANT EAT


Any diet system that requires you to starve yourself to loose weight is robbing you big time. I will tell you a secret. When you starve yourself your body"s natural response is to switch from using glucose as its primary source of energy to using something called ketone bodies. These are produced in the breakdown of fats in the body.When you begin to eat again they are excreted in the urine since they are no longer needed. The mistake people make is to starve and then eat a huge meal.What this does is that it changes your normal metabolism. The body replaces what you lost and then STORES, STORES, STORES excess energy in the form of fat causing you to put on weight. STARVING YOURSELF WILL DO AS MUCH DAMAGE AS OVEREATING. You likewise would be tossing and turning. If you do come home late at night, eat a small portion of a meal relax for about a half an hour and just in case you fall asleep, sleep in an upright position


  • THE SAYING "DON'T GO TO BED MAD '' or 'WITH ISSUES'' 


YES!.if you want to sleep and wake up well rested you may have to suck it up and deal with worrisome issues before bed. If your are married that may be tricky but if some resolution could be found before you and your spouse goes to sleep WORK ON IT.


  • "I SYMPATHISE WITH THE PARENTS"


'ROCK A BYE BABY ''... MY BABY KEEPS ME UP ALL NIGHT
I have looked after all of my nephews and nieces at one point or the other  and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is the response. Babies are cute and precious but require all of your attention it does not matter whether you sleep ITS ALL ABOUT THEM. If you have a newborn there are a couple of things you can do. Firstly,  try regularising their feeding time. By regulating feeding time you can schedule your sleep time around theirs more comfortably.Try carrying them for evening walks. On the other hand if your kids have been spoiled like my nephews and nieces :) and its a hot day try giving them a cool bath before bed. You can also try help programmes that are out there but make sure the product is certified and the company is reliable .Two such products are  sleep sound music or magic lullabies.

If you want more information feel free to email me at blueskytracey@gmail.com

Tommorow I will deal with SLEEP APNEA
 PLEASE LEAVE comments and suggestions






No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Floating Share buttons